Software Product/Project Manager
At OpenChannel we help customers build, brand and launch their own app store. These app stores are web based applications similar to the Slack App Directory and Github Marketplace. We’re a small, fully remote SaaS company with a lot of potential for fast career growth. Whomever we choose for this role will be the most senior member of the product and operations team. This means that there is a direct track to becoming Head of Product for anyone who is great and loves what they do.
For this hybrid project/product management role the key responsibility will be to lead onboarding by gathering requirements and working with the engineering team to deliver a high quality, custom web experience for each customer. In addition, you’ll be responsible for leading the development of the product that manages these custom sites. This includes managing the product throughout the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing requirements and participating in product marketing.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has prior product/project management experience at a web development agency or SaaS company
- Understands underlying technologies like Java, Angular or MongoDB (prior engineering experience is a plus but not required)
- Has a great attention to detail when it comes to UX!
- Wants to make a difference. We are a small team and we need people who ‘get it’ and want to play an integral part in helping us accomplish this mission and are persistent in getting the job done
- Wants a career that makes getting up each morning exciting! This is not an average role, and you’ll have the ability to make an impact
- Acts without being told what to do. Takes full ownership over work and proactively seeks help and input when needed
- Great communication skills! You’ll be managing a lot of stakeholder relationships so we’re looking for someone who is great at being understanding and being understood
- Plans, organizes, and schedules in a productive manner, allowing for a focus on key priorities
- Demonstrates a natural curiosity. Approaches all situations with a growth mindset, willing to explore, learn and establish themselves as an expert in critical areas of the role
- An opportunity to join and shape a rapidly growing company that is re-engineering how companies expand their core services
- Colleagues who will help make you better. We are known in the market for delivering smart, effective solutions
- Work/life flexibility with opportunity to work from your home (or favourite coffee shop)
- Flexible hours and liberal vacation. We prefer our staff to be fresh and inspired
If interested, please reach out to email@example.com